Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Leoisms

IMG_3865

Here a few of the cute things Leo has been saying lately:

 

In the car on the way home from Creative Play I asked, “Leo, what did you do at school today?” to which he answered, as he always does, “NO!!!”

I said, “Leo, it’s not nice to scream, ‘NO!’ when someone asks you a question. Try saying, ‘I don’t want to talk about that right now.”

So Leo said, “I don’t want to talk about that right now.”

To which I asked, “So what would you like to talk about?”

And Leo replied, “I don’t want to talk about anything! Can we just be quiet?”

Such a man.

He’s noticing that certain words sound like other words. For instance, I told him he were going somewhere with his friend Etienne and Etienne’s mom, Ms. Carrey. Leo said, “Carrey. That’s a funny name.” I wondered why a name like Carrey would be funny to him. A couple of weeks later when her name came up again he said, “Carrey, ha! Does she like to carry things?”

 

The other night I introduced him to pudding. “Pudding. Pudding,” he repeated as he dug into it. “Do you put things in it?”

 

We were all excited when our nephew, Franklin, was born on March 30th to Frank’s sister Julie and her husband Doug. Here is Leo’s newest cousin:

 

Franklin

 

And here is what Leo had to say about Franklin as we looked at pictures: “Where is Baby Ellie? I want to see Baby Ellie.” I guess he thinks cousins are always together!

I tried to use Franklin’s birth as a way to prepare Leo for his baby brother. “So Franklin was in Aunt Julie’s belly and then they went to the hospital and he came out. That’s what will happen with our baby.” Leo asked, “Will our baby be named Franklin too?”

 

Today at the mall he saw the train but (luckily) it wasn’t ready to go yet and still had a blanket on top of it. Leo said, “The train sleeps standing up, like a horse!”

 

And here are a couple of pics of the family, doing our annual anniversary picture. If you’re not good at counting fingers, it’s eight!

 

IMG_3860

IMG_3864

7 comments:

Liz said...

Leo, you are hilarious!!! I love it. Especially how he connects the names and the words. Genius, that one.

Writinggal said...

So he's not a Russel?

Writinggal said...

Maybe I'm the Russell. I'm so bad at spelling that name. Just like vaccum. I mean vacuum!!

Kristin said...

I have problems with vacuum too!
Oh Leo you are adorable, and what a picture family you have!

Kristin said...

I meant picture perfect!! :-)

Granny Jo said...

Franklin says "hi". He can't wait for Leo's baby brother to be born so he won't be the youngest cousin. Great family photo...Happy Anniverary!

Jessi said...

Awe, what a happy family! Congratulations on 8 years, a new nephew and your summer baby!