Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bumpin' BS





Look at this thing. It’s not just big; it sticks out really far. Farther than you think. Well, at least farther than I think.

Every day I have to apologize to BS for running him/her into things.

I run into doors, door frames and walls. I think I can fit between things that I can’t fit between. And yesterday, I closed the dishwasher door on BS! I’ve got a big scratch!

Oh, and when I reach up to use the microwave, my belly runs into the dials on the stove. I’m OCD about the dials on the stove, always making sure they’re pointing to “off.” At night before I go to bed I look at the four of them and say, “Off, off, off, off.”

Now I say, “Off, off, off, off” every time I walk past them. BS could have easily turned them on. Maybe I need those childproof stove-dial covers already. Frank doesn’t think we need them at all. “So what if the kid turns on the stove? What’s the big deal?” he asked.

This, coming from the guy who will barely touch my belly, he’s so afraid of hurting BS.

All I know is BS is still dancing around in there. We’ve either got one tough baby or a baby with a lot of bumps and bruises.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BS is not dancing...rather s/he's dodging.

Writinggal said...

This, from my 33 week babycenter.com email made me feel better: "And bumping into chairs and counters is par for the course."

heyomar said...

You are absolutely beautiful, Elsa!