Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Super Dad





People ask me if I've felt tired during pregnancy and I like to brag that I'm full of energy; nothing's changed; I'm like Halle Berry and could be pregnant forever!


But now I'm in the third trimester and I think it's finally beaten me down. I'm tired. I'm achy. I'm big. I'm grumpy. It seemed to all come on suddenly yesterday. And if you, like me, are wondering where all my energy has gone, I know the answer.

Frank stole it.

He's gung-ho daddy.


"Let's watch the Baby Story!"


"Oh, you found a web site with cribs? Show me! They've got ribbit bedding? I've gotta see this! "


"Can we watch the video of the baby shower again?"


Yesterday we did more nesting and organizing of the baby's room. Then he decided it would be fun to put the Pack N Play together. I watched.

After he got it all put together I went to take a nap. He woke me up awhile later to show me how he had taken it down and put it in its travel carrying case. Impressive. Now let me sleep.

"Now I'm going to take it out of the bag and put it back together again!" he said enthusiastically.

I think he did this a half a dozen more times. The website says it should only take one minute for set up and one minute for take down. I think he's trying to break the record. I'm pretty sure he's going to ask me to come up there with a stop watch.

I'm just hoping he can keep up this level of energy after the baby comes...you know, when it's not a stuffed duck.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Frank is getting the maternal spurt of energy just before Labor begins...only he is 3 months early. Too bad he can't give birth for you.
When is he going to put the stroller together ("travel system")from BS's grandmas? You need to take advantage of his energy while it lasts!
Love,
Grannie Jo

Liz said...

YAY!!!! Charlie the Chick made the blog!!! :)

Writinggal said...

Is that your nice way of telling me that it's a chicken and not a duck?

Bill said...

To Frank from Uncle Bill--- Its already starting.....
Practice your assembly/dissassembly and setup/takedown skills! The number of truly mechanical marvels in that category seem to have grown exponentially...and BTW...buy a lot of batteries....you can't have enough batteries...and earplugs for all the wonderful sounds the toys generate for the enjoyment and learning enrichment of the child...given to you by well intentioned(?) friends and relatives.....Bill

Liz said...

Ha! I didn't notice that you called it a duck. I was thinking more along the lines of telling you that you now had a "Charlie the Chick" PLUS a "Charlie who is the baby". The Charlies in your life are multiplying! :)