Sunday, June 5, 2011

Expansion: The Final Stages

Baby Donald Duck is scheduled to arrive this Friday, June 10th!

 

I am eager for him to get here because this belly just CANNOT get any bigger. Look at this thing:

 

38 weeks

 

Everywhere I go I have to answer to my pregnancy public. 99% of people have nothing but nice things to say but it really adds on time to my errand running.  Yesterday I went to the Dollar Store and Target and I had seven people stop me to talk. One lady said, "Oh. My. Gosh. It’s a girl, right?” And when I told her it was a boy, she said, “I’m rarely wrong about these things.” Then she told me about how she had four girls and for her fifth pregnancy they said it was a girl too but it was a boy. Then she commented on my hugeness and how this baby is sure to be enormous.  The biggest baby she’d ever seen, I think she said. Later I went to Fresh Market and a gaggle of people at the register, including employees, all ambushed me about how I’m probably going to go into labor at any second and they didn’t know how to deliver a baby.

I totally can relate to how celebs feel but at least they can cover themselves up with sunglasses and hats. There’s no covering up this bump!

I’ve got so many stories about stranger comments, I could probably write a book. I’ll stop going on and on about it cause this is most likely my last pregnancy and I should just enjoy the attention. But I do have to tell you about one stranger who stroked my belly for way too long and as she was running her finger over it and I was feeling really uncomfortable, she said, “Do you get annoyed when people touch your belly? I know I did when I was pregnant!”

 

So we’re gearing up for the baby’s arrival by getting out all of Leo’s baby gear, washing tiny baby clothes and spending way too much money at giant baby box stores. Here’s Leo trying out the baby’s car seat:

 

IMG_4155

 

 

We’re also trying to shower Leo with attention (and water since it’s so hot)! Here we are last night at the spray ground. That’s my totally-worth-it maternity bathing suit!

 

 

IMG_1432

 

And here’s Leo relaxing and goofing off with John after the spray ground. John will be a big brother in September and he is ALSO having a baby brother. I’m sure Leo will be glad to give him some big brother pointers!

IMG_1440IMG_1442

5 comments:

Liz said...

You are so cute and that is a cute maternity bathing suit!! Glad you got it. You might be glad for it a few weeks afterwards, too. :)

GR said...

We are still laughing about Frank's rules but I guess the "big" news is that DD will be here soon. It is funny to see Leo in his original car seat.
mama

Jessi said...

I think you look great! And good for you sporting a bathing suit!

You're all belly (don't worry, I don't touch bellies) - biology is so weird.

Granny Jo said...

So proud of Leo sharing his "Leo" chair with best bud John...and you look great in the swim suit!

Writinggal said...

Thanks, everyone! And that's a good point that I might get some wear out of it after the baby--although I will probably just hide out in the a/c with two kids for the rest of the summer!