Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Talk

I hear that some kids don’t notice their mom’s pregnant belly. That is not true of Leo at all. He has noticed it from the get-go and LOVES to talk about it!

He hugs it all the time, nuzzles it and either says, “Say Say Mommy” or “See See Mommy.”  I don’t know what this means but it’s cute.

 

IMG_3791

 

He has lots of questions like, “Is the baby crying in there?” “What would happen if the baby came out now?”

He’s read up on the subject so there are some things he just says matter-of-fact:

“Babies cry because they want something.”

“Babies wear diapers.”

“Babies can’t walk.”

When I tell him that babies sleep a lot, he says, “I will wake up the baby!” Great.

And this was the sweetest:

Leo: I wish there was a door on your belly.

Me: Why?

Leo: So I could open it and see the baby!

Aw Smile 

 

IMG_3790

 

He’s excited to hold the baby and take a bath with him but he will not share his Dinosaur Train with him, he’s informed us.

 

IMG_3842

I was explaining to him about how we would go to the hospital and he would stay here with Grandmother and Grandpa Ron. He was listening until I mentioned the grandparents. Then he said, “What will they bring me?”

IMG_3843

4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

What a sweet big brother!!!

Kristin said...

That's what I was thinking GJ, what a sweet, sweet, boy! (Notice we both overlook that he won't share his toys) :-)

GR said...

Tell Leo that Grandpa Ron will bring him a big hug.

Writinggal said...

He is getting so smart about babies. He told Frank, "Babies sleep on their backs." I don't even remember telling him that! I'm glad he reminded me though :)