Wednesday, February 9, 2011

“Mommy, you look like a caboose!”

And that, I think, is the highest compliment you can get from a 2 and 3/4 year old. Plus, I really looked quite caboosey today:

IMG_3724

 

I’m 22 weeks now and I decided to check out how I looked at 22 weeks when I was pregnant with Leo:

 

22.clothed

 

OH MY GOSH!! My belly is soooo much bigger than it was the first time. In comparing to the old pictures, I look more like I did at 28 weeks with Leo.

Leo is sweet and hugs my giant belly. Other times he threatens to pee on it. Oh, boys. And in case you haven’t heard, Baby Donald Duck is ALSO a boy! Here are some previews of him:

 

Baby_Donald_Duck_001[1] (2)

 

He just started moving around some. I’m hoping he’s a little calmer than Leo. You can see in one of the photos that he’s sucking his thumb. He did that in his 8-week ultrasound too. Here we are finding out that we were going to have another little boy:

IMG_3705

IMG_3706

 

By the way, Frank told me that night that my outfit looked like something Leo would wear. Is this what I have to look forward to with a house full of boys? Years of ridicule over my clothing? (I knew I could bring it back to the caboose headline!)

And because no blog is complete without a picture that includes our first-born, here he is with his buddies John and Dawson at our MOMS Club Valentine’s Day party today:

 

IMG_3718

7 comments:

GR said...

I'll tell you what you "have to look forward to with a house full of boys," especially when Leo and Donald Duck become teenagers: a huge grocery bill!

Liz said...

I love ALL of it!! Your cute belly, the fact that you're having another boy, LEO (in general), your sonogram pics.... all so precious. :)

Granny Jo said...

My oh my...those Ivey Ridge boys have grown!

Writinggal said...

Thanks! Today I'm wearing a blue shirt and Leo told me I look like a train car.

John & Courtney Loyd said...

So exciting Elsa - you look wonderful. They say you start showing sooner with the 2nd, so I guess it's true!

Kristin said...

I'm pretty sure that anything train related is a compliment from Leo!

Jacquie said...

Many days all I can think is "I live in a frat house".