Friday, March 5, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper


"I help mommy!" Leo announces every time he sees me start to do a chore. How has having a tiny assistant changed my routine? Tasks that used to take a few minutes now take at least a dozen! If you would like a toddler helper, here are the job skills you'll see on Leo's resume:




  • Vacuuming: He likes to steer the vacuum and if I won't let him do that he either removes all the attachments or tries to chase (and trip over) the cord.


  • Swiffering: I let him Swiffer the whole downstairs the other day. If I had known he was going to have such a knack for it, I would have attached the dusting cloth.


  • Unloading the dishwasher: he will push the door "up up up" whether I'm ready for it or not.


  • Changing sheets: "I jump pillow!" "I jump bed!" "I help mommy!"


  • Doing laundry: He can slam that dryer shut as many times as I need him to.


  • Hanging up laundry: "Dundies!" he still says as he plays with the hangers.


  • Cooking: "Leo cook" he says when I start to prepare a meal. He then opens the cabinet where "his" bowl is and screams for a "boon" so he can stir his invisible food.


  • Grocery shopping: He carried a bag of bananas around the store today and then traded them for a bottle of lemon juice. When he started to suck on the bottle I had to end it.


  • Driving: "I drive!" he told me yesterday. "No, only grown-ups drive. Who's a grown-up?" He first guessed John and then Paloma and Charlie (my sister's dogs).


  • Setting up for spin class: "I help! I ride bike!"


  • And in the pictures below you'll see his favorite and least favorite chores:


  • Favorite: sweeping--He especially likes to hold the dust pan...and then dump the contents back onto the floor.


  • Least favorite--Wiping down his little table. He tried this the other day and as you can see, immediately handed the wet paper towel back to me. Good help is so hard to find!











2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Ahhh...Mommy's little helper is so adorable! You'll miss this one day...Believe it or not!

Kristin said...

Now I see how your Mommy keeps her house so nice! Or maybe I am wondering how your Mommy does it with all the "help"!