Thursday, January 14, 2010

Train on the Brain



I expected a train phase. I see all the older toddlers playing with trains and chatting about Thomas. What I didn't expect was for it to come on so suddenly. This week Leo has decided he's obsessed with trains. Don't worry, Grandpa Ron, he still likes balls. But "choo choo trains" are his primary focus right now.


He has three trains:



A wooden one he got from John for Christmas. This one is cool because it has all these blocks on it that he can take on and off. Plus, it comes in three parts so it's easy for sharing (sometimes).



A plastic one I found at a garage sale. It's supposed to light up and make noise but the batteries have never worked. He doesn't care.



One that spells his name! This one is from Granny Jo and Popsy. I thought it was just something to look at but Frank got it down for Leo one day and he LOVES playing with it. When he stopped being able to sleep because he could see it on his shelf, we had to remove it from his room.


It's so cute when he's playing with the Leo train and he says, "Kah-boose!"




Every morning this week he's woken up asking for this Leo train. One morning (as you'll see in the picture), he wouldn't even let me dress him. He HAD to play with the train--semi-naked.



Oh, and his book called "Things that Go" that he always called "Bikes?" It's now called "Trains."



And his book that's actually called "Trains" that he used to slightly like? He now LOVES. I keep it in my purse for train emergencies.



I call this picture, "Playing with trains in my trailer."





"Even bed head can't keep me from my trains!"






4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Perhaps Leo's ride on the Polar Express in Durango jumpstarted his love of trains! And how about "scubas"? Are they now in third place behind balls and trains?

GR said...

I can't wait to take Leo on the train at Zilker Park!

Kristin said...

Make me want to sing, "Come on ride the train, ride in..."

Writinggal said...

He's still pretty into Scubas but yes, they are probably third.

We just downloaded the new music class CD and there is a song about a choo choo. That is the only song he will let us play. He requests it over and over and over in the car...over and over and over...Choo Choo! Choo Choo!