Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mush Mouth

Growing up my dad (now known as Grandpa Ron) used to say I had a “mush mouth.” For instance, I’d say, “Can I have a sip of your drink?” And he’d say, “I don’t want your mush mouth all over it.”

I think Leo inherited my mush mouth.

When we feed him with a spoon he insists on holding his own spoon. At first he just needed to hold the spoon. Now he wants to actually dip it into the bowl (or jar) and try to feed himself. I understand that we’re supposed to encourage this as it helps him develop his fine motor skills and become less dependent on us.

But, woah, is it messy. Here are some pics of our little mush mouth:

And here is what feeding him looks like with the dueling spoons:
























1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow Leo, you sure do remind me of your mommy when she ate moatmeal at your age! What a mess!