Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Working Mom


Leo has to stay upright for 20-30 minutes after eats--doctor's orders. You see, my three-week-old is quite the spitter-upper. So after feeding him for 20-30 minutes and then holding him upright for another 20-30, I end up sitting on my butt for an hour, not getting a whole lot accomplished (unless you count nourishing and bonding with my child).


But then I remembered the Baby Bjorn from Auntie Alicia. When I first tried to put Leo in it he screamed and hollered. I thought, "Aren't these Bjorn people smart enough to make a contraption that babies will like?" But as soon as I got the last hook fastened, Leo melted. He freakin' loves his Bjorn. We've done laundry, walked to a neighbor's, washed the dishes and now we're working at Writinggal Headquarters, all here in the Bjorn.


I hope his kindergarten class doesn't make fun of him when he shows up on the first day attached to his mommy by a Bjorn.



(I included this pic because I thought it would be rude to post a blog with only a picture of me. Yes, I think I bought too big diapers.)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Nice!!! Not only are you up on your technology... but you know your mommy support products, too. You should write a book. Or at least an article for me on "stuff you have to know to survive". I feel like I'm going to need one of those and it would be best with an Elsa spin to it.

Anonymous said...

love the pics. emily is just now liking her bjorn. unfortunately, em is a huge spitter as well. she's had reflux since the day she was born and we know about that 20-30 minutes after feedings all too well. but i sure did love that excuse to get to hold her all the time :o). congratulations again. can't wait to meet him!

Writinggal said...

I wear a burp cloth like a bib when Leo is in the Bjorn to save my shirt from spit-up! It looks really cool.

Liz said...

Wow. Nothing sexier than a bib burp-cloth. (fyi my word verification right now is "fozzie"... love you, muppets!)

:)

Lori said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of babywearing. Babies are used to hearing mama's heartbeat and her familiar walking motion. Your carrier will continue to be a life-saver well into toddler-hood.